iPhone App or eReader?
What do you like more: an app for reading on the most progressive mobile phone or an eBook?
There is no simple answer for this question. Popularity of iDevices continuously increases, so there is no way any IT-company will ignore such a fact.
Many of us cannot leave their iPhones and iPads, which fully substitute eBooks given that you have a decent app for reading. Everyone wants to read favorite books with as much comfort as possible.
The history of creating a reader for Apple devices is usual for NIX Solutions developers: we’ve been looking for a decent reader, but ended up developing a totally new and comfortable one.View on iPhoneView on iPad
Creating of the Application for Reading eBooks
There’s been so much work done but we are quite satisfied with the result – uBooks app for reading on iPhone.
Every new version brought some new features leaving not relevant ones in the past. Now uBooks supports iOS6. New version 2.4.4 allows to read in many different formats:
- .fb2 в zip-архивах
Reading screen settings include:
- Day and night mode
- Possibility to change fonts (type, color, size)
- Possibility to choose background color
- Possibility to track reading process right on the reading screen
- Change the background color so the app is new and fresh every day
- Line spacing will help to adjust the app, so your eyes don’t hurt
These Features Make Your Reading Comfortable:
- Curl animation that makes you feel like you are reading a real book
- Adjust tap zones just like you want – choose a comfortable place so page turning takes only 1 second tap
- Adjustable margins to make reading comfortable for you
- Hyphenation added – uneven lines won’t bother you anymore
- Built-in translator to save your time for reading (press and hold down the word or phrase to find out the translation)
- Bookshelf with many categories stores Books and Documents separately, so you can work or relax without any problems
Download Books Using:
- Wi-Fi (http and ftp servers)
- Built-in browser
- iTunes (for devices starting from iOS4)
You can use uBooks both for iPhone and iPad, reading is not dofferent from paper books in any way. Well it has even got more comfortable as you need just one tap to add a bookmark.
Version 2.4.4 of uBooks works faster. The readerquickly switches from vertical mode to horizontal and vice versa.
How to Download Books for uBooks
To download books via WiFi you can use one of the 2 simple ways: using web browser or FTP client.
If you use web browser (HTTP-protocol), enter <IP iPhone> of your device in the URL bar of the browser. There will be a list of the books you have already and an opportunity to download new ones.
If you use FTP, you need to have any FTP client downloaded (if you have Windows on your PC, use built in “Explorer”). There enter the address: <IP iPhone>, port: for FTP it is 20000, for HTTP – 5000 (look in the device). Then connect to the server.
Using built-in Internet browser
You can download books from any site. Enter the site’s address, find the book you want and tap. Browser will automatically suggest downloading it to the Bookshelf (if the book format is supported by the app).
You can download books via iTunes if you have device on iOS4 or further.
Open iTunes and click “Applications”. You will see applications at the bottom – choose uBooks. You’ll see a window on the right; drag your books there with a mouse.
The books will automatically appear on the Bookshelf.
There are 2 versions available now:
At the same time the app supports many foreign languages for docs and books.
Paid version – uBooks XL has no ads, so you will be able to enjoy reading.
Download uBooks from iTunes and give it a try for free.
Any suggestions regarding functionality, content and future updates are warmly welcomed and will be processed promptly: uSupport@nixsolutions.com